We all have difficulty in maintaining our goals. But to change, to improve yourself, to achieve something , you have to have the courage to say no to distractions and yes to a lot of hard work and patience.
- Decide how much time you can dedicate everyday towards activities that bring you closer to achieving that goal. Monitor your schedule and find out a time of the day when you are relatively less busy or occupied to carry out this work. This time should ideally be in early morning when there are less distractions and you have less things to focus on.
- Now make a promise to yourself that you’re not going to call it a day unless you’ve worked on your resolution. If possible, stick to that time of the day you previously decided because this helps your mind to get accustomed to the routine and gradually you’ll find yourself concentrating more on your task.
- Whenever you make a resolution, hold someone accountable. It can be a friend, a family member , a coworker or anyone you are close to and trust completely : hold them responsible for keeping you on track. Make sure you give them daily reports about whether or not you could hold on to your promise that day.
- Reward yourself : Each time you have been sincere to yourself for say , a week, reward yourself with something you like (it could be as small as treating yourself to dinner at a place you have long wanted to visit,or a novel you wanted to read) This will condition your mind to attaining goals earlier.
- Now, to keep yourself motivated, remind yourself of the perks of having achieved that goal. The satisfaction, the boost of confidence and the appreciation you have for yourself. Plan a huge gift for yourself once you’ve achieved what you wanted.Talk to well wishers who inspire you to do better. Friends and family play a crucial role in keeping you on your track.
- If you have a tendency of forgetting to work on your task, put up a reminder in your phone and no matter the situation, don’t ignore it. It is these small short comings on our behalf that ultimately lead us astray from our target.
- Most important of all, remember that change is the only constant. You have to aspire to do better things. If you don’t condition your mind and have complete control over it now, you might face a lot of difficulties because of your distract full mind in the future.
Just ask yourself
“If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today.”
To watch –
How to stay Motivated all the time? By Sandeep Maheshwari
4 thoughts on “How we can keep myself motivated towards the goal?”
Very nice motivational post👍👌💐👏👏
Good post…its always challenge to carry on. We need something to motivate.