Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are operating systems used primarily in mobile technology, such as smartphones and tablets. Android, which is Linux-based and partly open source, is more PC-like than iOS, in that its interface and basic features are generally more customizable from top to bottom. However, iOS’ uniform design elements are sometimes seen as being more user-friendly.
- Android operating system is developed by Google while iOS operating system is developed by Apple.
- Android is an open source operating system while iOS is a closed operating system with some open source components.
- Android operating system can be declared as universal operating system as it is for mostly all kinds of smartphones except Apple hardware. While iOS is restricted to Apple devices only.
- Android is more customizable and can change almost anything while iOS is limited unless jailbroken.
- Android is written in C (core), C++ and java (UI). iOS is written in C, C++, Objective-C, and Swift.
- Android OS family is Unix-like while iOS OS family is Unix-like, based on Darwin (BSD) and OS X.
- Market share of Android smartphones is 82% while of iOS it is 15%.
To read further
Please read this post on Android phone – GuruBox Blog App