“Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand brake on.” — Maxwell Maltz
Self-confidence depends on a combination of good physical health, emotional health and social health. It is hard to feel good about yourself if you hate your physique or constantly have low energy.
Being self-confident has many benefits. It helps you perform better, get noticed and appreciated for your work, it gets you a promotion and a raise. It also gets you attention of opposite sex. To put it simply: it helps you get what you want in life .
Here three basic steps to build the self Confidence
1. Know your self
To build and find more confidence in yourself you have to get to know yourself better. The best way to know self is Meditation.
Go exploring. Face some of your fears. Fail over and over and understand that it isn’t really that big of a deal. Grow stronger through such experiences and also become more internally relaxed. Figure out what really excites you by simply trying a whole bunch of stuff out. When you know more about who you are and what you want out of life – not other people say you want – you will have more confidence in yourself and what you can do.
2. Accept the Failure
We need to accept the failure as a learning experience and move on in the life.
- Instead of seeing failure as something horrible, you can start to view it more as a learning experience. When standing in the middle of a failure, you can ask yourself questions like: What’s awesome about this situation? What can I learn from this situation?
- You gain experiences you could not get any other way. Ideally, you probably want to learn from other people’s mistakes and failures. That’s not always easy to do though. Sometimes you just have to fail on your own to learn a lesson and to gain an experience no one can relate to you in mere words.
- You become stronger. Every time you fail you become more accustomed to it. You realize more and more that it’s not the end of the world. And, again, you get desensitized. You can handle things that would have been very hard to handle a few years back.
- Your chances of succeeding increases. Every time you fail you can learn and increase your inner strength. So every failure can make you more and more likely to succeed.
3. Take Action to make things Happen
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
The most important step in building self-confidence is simply to take action. Working on something and getting it done. Sitting at home and thinking about it will just make you feel worse. A great way to overcome it, is to give yourself smaller goals that you will hit on the way towards a bigger goal; goals that you will achieve and that will bring back self-belief and self-confidence.