“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it … he who doesn’t … pays it.” Those words were uttered by the great mathematician, Albert Einstein.
What is Compound Interest ?
Simple interest is only based on the principal amount of a loan, while compound interest is based on the principal amount and the accumulated interest.
Here is an example to shows power of Compound Interest –
Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world
- Compound interest can be your best friend when you use it for Investing and Early Debt Reduction purpose.
- Compound Interest as an Enemy – Just like compound interest works for you, it can work against you when you it is used for taking Mortgage and Consumer Debt.
- Compounding interest teaches and rewards discipline.
- Compounding interest lets you sleep good at night – What do the wealthiest and wisest investors have in common? They are always smiling, because they are making money every second of the day. That’s the power of compounding interest. Nothing can stop it from growing.
- Albert Einstein once joked that the most powerful force in the universe is neither mass nor energy. It’s compound interest, which is what happens when you earn interest on your money and on the interest that it’s already earned. While some investments have compounding built in, others don’t automatically do it.