You’re experiencing severe abdominal pain that’s radiating to your lower back. You also notice blood in your urine and a persistent need to urinate, even though you can only urinate small amounts at a time. You have a history of kidney stones and are pretty sure you are experiencing them again. Not wanting to use medications or surgery to treat your kidney stones, you start to look for successful home remedies that dissolve kidney stones naturally and fast.
Structure of Kidney
We have two kidneys. These are located in the lumbar region, a little below the waist, oriented towards the back. Each kidney weighs about 150 grams and is about the size of an adult fist. They are bean-shaped and reddish brown in colour.
Functions of Kidney
- Activation of Vitamin D absorption.
- Blood pressure regulation.
- Elimination of metabolic wastes.
- Maintaining the acid – base balance (excretes alkaline salts).
- Maintaining the electrolyte balance.
- Maintaining the fluid balance.
- Prostaglandin synthesis (the female body uses this hormone for the contraction of the womb during childbirth).
- Stimulation of red blood cell production.
Factors Affecting Kidney Functions
- Cooked food
- Hereditary diseases of the kidneys
- High Blood Pressure
- Inflammation of the kidneys (called nephritis)
- Kidney damage as a side effect of medication, particularly
- painkillers taken for headache, backache, joint pains etc.
- Lower urinary tract infection, e.g. bladder infections, ascending
Symptoms of a Weak Kidney
The symptoms of a weak kidney can vary considerably from one individual to another. The initial signs of the onset of kidney problems may be general and can include:
- Blood passed out with urine
- Change in the frequency and quantity of urine passed
- High blood pressure/low blood pressure
- Pain in the kidney area, kidney/ureter stone
- Pain or burning when passing urine, indicating an infection
- Puffy, dark grey mess around the eyes, face, ankles and elsewhere on the skin
- Tiredness, particularly in the evening.
It takes a lot of liquid to wash the inside of your body. Taking it in the form of herbal teas gives you extra benefits, in addition to making them highly enjoyable, if you make them with little variations. You need to do that, if you wish to produce four litres of urine everyday. Any oedema or water retention, whether in the lungs, arms or abdomen also requires the strengthening of kidneys with this recipe.
Must watch Video – Kidney Cleanse using corn silk,parsley,watermelon
Kidney Cleanse Procedure
Kidney cleanse is a procedure that is used to cleanse the kidneys from within, by removing deeply embedded toxic wastes from the blood and kidneys. Kidney cleansing also dissolves kidney stones and passes them through urine in microscopically dissolved form.
1. Tea (kaadha) made from corn silk (bhutte ka baal) – fresh or dried. The corn silk should ideally be dried in sunlight. If dried,it can be preserved for a long time. Washing the dried corn silk prior to use is not necessary because dust and impurities can be removed by sedimentation and decantation during use;
2. Tea made from parsley (green coriander like vegetable, available in big cities) leaves, costing about Rs 400 per kg. Parsley is to be used fresh. Rinse in water before boiling. It should be strongly fragrant, otherwise it has partially lost its active ingredients. It
can be stored in the refrigerator for four to five days;
3. Tea made from watermelon (tarbooz) seeds with skin (chhilka) on. The seeds can be black or brown in colour. These can be dried and preserved. Some provision stores selling agricultural requirements, such as seeds, also stock melon seeds. They are marked as ‘poison’ or ‘not for human consumption’, since they have been treated with pesticides. Therefore, you need to wash and dry them. Then you may safely use them. Grind them dry before boiling, so that the medicine from the skin and the innards is passed into the water. Do not wash the ground seed powder after crushing or grinding.
I encourage self-medication. When you are doing it for the first time,you may adhere to the following dosage:
To make concentrated tea, fill the vessel/pot with just enough water to cover the ingredients and boil any of the three ingredients for 10 minutes. Strain the water and keep it aside. Boil the residue again with fresh water for 10 minutes. Strain it and add it to the water set aside in the previous step. Follow this procedure one more time or until
the mixture begins to lose colour. This indicates that the ingredient has no more medicine left in it.
Let the strained mixture stand for a few minutes so that any sediment present sinks to the bottom of the vessel. Carefully, without any sudden movement, pour the upper layer of the mixture into another vessel, until the sediment at the bottom starts flowing. Stop
and discard this sediment. This procedure, known as decantation,can be used to separate fine residue from the mixture. Cool the strained mixture. The medicine is now ready for use.
Drink one litre of this mixture 3-4 times or more during the day. The mixture has to be stored in a refrigerator otherwise it will get spoiled. It can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of a day or two. If refrigerated, it may coagulate (thicken) slightly but its medicinal properties are not affected. If you cannot drink the cold liquid, then you may warm it to your taste.
The first round of treatment should be over in a day and instant improvement will be visible, including:
• Dissolution of kidney stones
• Glowing face, better skin tone with shining and reduced dark circles below the eyes
• Higher energy levels
• Improved haemoglobin levels
• Improved sleep quality
• Increase in calcium levels (treatment of osteoporosis)
• Increased activity levels
• Old accumulated toxins expelled from the kidney and blood
• Regulated blood pressure
• Relief from backache and body pain
• For females, improvement in Pre-Menstrual Symptoms
• No more bed wetting and prostrate problems
Frequently asked questions
How much quantity of corn silk (maize-hair) should a patient take?
When I started this treatment 10 years ago, I used to take 500 grams of fresh corn silk or 50 grams of dry corn silk or 500 grams of parsley or 100 grams of watermelon seeds each day, for five days. Now I take 50 grams of dried corn silk or 500 grams of parsley or 200 grams of watermelon seeds with skin for one day every month. This procedure makes about two litres of medicinal tea.
Can we store the tea, as prepared above, in a refrigerator?
Yes. It is alright to store the mixture in a refrigerator for two-three days. Warm it if you wish, at the time of drinking it.Temperature does not play any role in the effects of the medicine in the treatment.
Kidneys get an opportunity to function more efficiently when the stomach is empty and the body is most relaxed in a lying down condition. This happens after midnight. I keep a litre of corn-silk (or any of the other option) tea near my bedside at night. If I happen to get up by chance at 2-4 am I drink this and go back to bed. This procedure results in the best effect for me.
Can I use all the three ingredients, i.e. parsley, corn silk and watermelon seeds together?
No. They are to be taken separately. Any one of them is good enough for the treatment. You may use another option after a few days.
More FAQ – Kidney Cleanse FAQ
User Testimonials – Stories from our community