Today we are starting a Health Series to cover the Cleansing Therapies like Acidity,Kidney,Liver,Join pain,Fat cleaning etc.
The body will heal itself given the right stimulus using natural medicine, as used in our cleanses. Try out our Cleansing Therapy at the earliest and enjoy good health to the maximum.
Disclaimer – I have personally tried most of these cleanses on myself, my family and friends without any adverse effect.
Cleansing Therapy – Acidity
What is Acidity ?
Acidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an imbalance between the acid secreting mechanism of the stomach and proximal intestine,and the protective mechanisms that ensure their safety. The stomach normally secretes acids essential for the digestive process. These acids help in breaking down food during digestion. When there is excess production of acids by the gastric glands of the stomach,it results in acidity. Nowadays, our lifestyle and dietary habits are such that they increase the acidity level of the body. Acidity is also responsible for dyspepsia,heartburn and the formation of ulcers (erosion of the lining of the stomach or intestines).
How does the body become too acidic?
The body becomes imbalanced and overly acidic, primarily as a result of three things: Ingesting acids – Eating too many acidifying food, such as processed sugar, meats, dairy products, coffee and alcohol, create an acidic ash in the body. These acids can overload the body’s ability to neutralise them.
Creation of acids – Pathogens create acidifying toxins in the body. As the body becomes more acidic, more and more harmful bacteria and yeast proliferate in the body. These organisms eat as well as procreate, resulting in more toxins that are often very acidifying.
Improper elimination of acids – Some acids are weak while others are strong. Weak acids, such as citric acid, are more easy to neutralise than strong acids, such as uric acid. The body uses many systems to buffer acids, including breath, mineral reserves and fat. When the body’s buffering systems are compromised, acidity increases.
It is mainly caused when hydrochloric acid, an important component of the digestive juices, is produced in excess, due to the following:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Excessive intake of hot, spicy and fried food
- Excessive intake of chocolate, tea and coffee
- Intake of sweets, adulterated, fermented and fatty food
- Use of aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs
- Stress-related conditions, such as anger, fear and anxiety
- Fast paced lifestyle, career/job over-consciousness, cooked food, changes in sleep patterns, acidic environment due to vehicle exhaust fumes and industrial waste
Acidity or hyperacidity may manifest in more ways than those listed below.
- Burning sensation, pain or discomfort in the throat and chest (behind the breastbone) known as heartburn
- Blood in stool
- Lack of appetite
- Pain in the abdomen, either immediately after meals (gastric ulcer) or two hours after meals (duodenal ulcer)
- Persistent cough
- Sour oral secretion/belching, with an acidic taste in the mouth, due to regurgitation of acidic fluid in the throat or mouth
- Vomiting, sometimes accompanied with blood
Acidity Cleanse Process
If your saliva pH is too acidic, you may have to increase the alkalinity of your body. This can be done by including green vegetable juices in your diet. Green juices are a potent fuel in maintaining good health; and they do not come burdened with fats that accompany animal products.
Green vegetable juices – Fresh green vegetable juices work as detoxification drinks and have a powerful effect on the recuperative powers of the body, because of rich and easily absorbable nutrients. Fresh vegetable juices contain proteins, carbohydrates, chlorophyll, mineral electrolytes and healing aromatic oils. Most importantly, a fresh juice makes large amounts of plant enzymes available to every cell in our body, an integral part of the healing and restoration process.
How to make vegetable juice?
- Only use clean and fresh vegetables. You may combine different vegetables in any proportion to suit the needs of your body and taste. Organically grown vegetables are preferred.
- Do not mix fruits and vegetables while extracting the juice. Wash the vegetables, cut them into small pieces and put them in a juicer. Buy a juicer if you don’t have one.
- Drink it fresh, since it spoils quickly. Do not use it beyond 1½ days, even if it has been stored in the fridge. For example, if you have prepared the juice today morning, you can use it only until tomorrow evening.
Remember that I want you to take enough fibre, chlorophyll, proteins, carbohydrates, mineral electrolytes and nutrients in their natural form.
- Drink one glass (200 ml) three times a day (nearly 600 ml in a day). After that, decide on the quantity best suited to you.
- Modify the dosage according to the tolerance level and physical condition of your body.
- Bear in mind that it is impossible for us to imbibe these juices in excess, since nature has designed us to eat raw food and has provided an inbuilt limiting mechanism that helps us know when to stop.
- Witness the miraculous cure, for all your problems, unfold within a week. Many of my friends have replaced their morning tea with a glass of green vegetable juice.
- Drinking this fresh green juice overnight fights stomach acidity and provides a great start to the day.
List of Vegetable
The juices included here have been used with therapeutic success for many years. You can be confident about their nutritional healing and regenerative ability. A random selection from the following vegetables can be used to start with, in the same or lesser quantity.
Special vegetable juices
Some specific combinations for individual needs are given below. Try them thrice daily for a week to notice a difference.
Potassium juice – Make juice using three carrots, three celery stalks, one bunch of spinach and one bunch of parsley. This is the single most effective juice for cleansing, neutralising acids and rebuilding the body. It is a blood and body tonic that provides rapid energy and system balance.
Cleansing energy tonic – Make juice using four cups of mixed sprouts (e.g., sunflower and/or moong dal), one large carrot, one celery, one cucumber and one green onion. It is a good afternoon ‘pick-me-up’ juice during a seven day cleanse.
Kidney flush – Make juice using four carrots with tops intact, one cucumber, four beets with tops intact, one handful of spinach and four celery stalks. Kidney flush is a sure shot kidney cleanser and diuretic, with high levels of potassium and other minerals.
General health tonic – Make juice using four carrots, one cucumber and two celery stalks. Regular intake of this tonic increases stamina and vitality.
Prostate cleanser – Make juice using two large handfuls of mixed dark green leaves, especially spinach, chinese kale, collard and dandelion and three large green tomatoes. This juice can be had regularly after the age of fifty for better prostate health.
Skin cleanser – Make juice using one cucumber, one bunch of fresh parsley, 100 gms of alfalfa sprouts and four sprigs of fresh mint. This deep green cleanse nourishes and tones skin tissues from within.
Arthritis relief detox – Make juice using a large handful of spinach, a large handful of parsley, a large handful of watercress, five carrots with tops intact and three radishes. Arthritis relief detox increases the flexibility of all joints and can be done along with a Joint Cleanse.
Bladder infection detox– Make juice using three broccoli flowerets, one garlic clove, two large green tomatoes, two celery stalks and one capsicum. This detox juice increases bladder health and cures Urinary Tract Infections (UTI).
Piles and varicose veins detox – Make juice using three handfuls of dark greens, such as chinese kale leaves, parsley, spinach or watercress and five carrots with tops intact, one green bell pepper and two tomatoes. Due to excess vitamin C, calcium and bioflavonoid, collagen production increases, which helps in growth of new elastic tissues.
Constipation cleanser – Make juice using one small green cabbage, three celery stalks and five carrots with tops intact. You can benefit in almost all types of constipation problems by drinking this juice for a few days every month.
Allergy cleanser – Make juice using fresh ginger root, one fresh lemon, six carrots with tops intact and one apple.
Constipation cleanser – Make juice using one firm papaya, one inch of sliced ginger and one pear.
Acne fighter – Make juice using two pineapple slices, one cucumber, one apple and one inch of sliced ginger.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is it possible to survive only on vegetable juice for a week?
Yes, it is a wonderful experience. Initially, you will have craving for mastication. In such a case, you can eat carrots or cucumbers.
2. How many times a day should I drink this vegetable juice?
Initially, try to drink at least one glass (200 ml) three times a day. Observe the results for a week. Later, you may decide the quantity that best suits your body and lifestyle.
3. What if I eat raw vegetables instead of making juice? Will it have the same effect?
You will get more benefit from the extra fibre if you eat raw vegetables. However, the quantity consumed is very important. It is not practical to eat large quantities of raw vegetables necessary for the desired benefit, and so, I have advised juices for convenience.
4. Isn’t there a possibility of getting an infection while drinking the green juices as the vegetables are cultivated in unhygienic conditions?
Eating raw vegetables or drinking their juice is unlikely to cause any harm. We eat raw vegetable salads in restaurants. You already have good levels of immunity in your body. You can raise your immunity levels further by doing Kidney and Liver Cleanses. If you wish, soak the vegetables overnight in a solution of potassium permanganate (KMnO4) for safety.
5. Should I boil the vegetables for juice?
No. You will get a vegetable soup if you boil them. They are not even supposed to be heated.
6. Can we add salt to the juice?
Yes, you may add salt to taste.
7. Can we add lemon juice to it?
Yes, you may add lemon juice without seeds.
8. Can red tomatoes be used instead of green tomatoes to make vegetable juice for an Acidity Cleanse?
Unripe and raw green tomatoes have greater nutritional value and a lot of chlorophyll. The alkalinity of green tomatoes is far more than the red ones and hence, they are the preferred choice. Nature turned ripe tomatoes red so that birds and animals identify them as food.
9. During an Acidity Cleanse, I pass more gas than normal. Is it ok?
Some vegetables have a tendency to make gas in stomach. Identify those vegetables and remove them from your list. They may be cauliflower, radish or beans. Some people develop it for a few days, but it settles down on its own. This gas is odourless. However, if any of the vegetables cause you some sort of discomfort, you can avoid it.
User Testimonials – Stories from our community
Please share this article with your friends and family members .
For more information email@example.com